Herb Roasted Chicken
The perfect, guilt free meal for a cold winter's evening
1 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) whole chicken 1/2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper 1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves 1/2 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
1/2 cup olive oil 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1 lemon, quartered 2 bay leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Wash the chicken and pat dry. Season well inside and out with the salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, thyme, sage, parsley and olive oil. Rub the olive oil and herb blend into the cavity of the chicken as well as all over the exterior.
4. Place the parsley stems into the cavity of the chicken, and squeeze each lemon quarter into the chicken and place the rind in as well.
5. Put the bay leaves inside the chicken and place the bird in a roasting pan or a saute pan, and put it into the oven.
6. Roast for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is golden brown, and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
1. Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl, and season with the salt and pepper.
2. Drizzle with the olive oil and place in a roasting pan or on a sheet pan.
3. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, turning once midway during cooking to ensure even browning. Serve with the herb roasted chicken.